OK, so here is my review for "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". I must warn that there are spoilers in it, so don't read that part if you have not seen it yet, however the spoiler parts will be clearly marked. So if you want to read that part, simply don't skip that part.
I loved this movie. Yes, it has it's issues, but really doesn't every film? Depends on who you ask I guess. For example, a lot of folks seem to think "E.T." was an amazing film. Myself, I think it was a load of crap and have all along. So yes, you'll get folks who will not care for this film. Some long time Indy fans, others who are just too young to remember the series at all or who somehow missed it before. But, if ever a movie deserved a viewing at least once, it would be this one. Decide for yourself, you owe Indy that much.
*******SPOILERS START!!!************
Yes, the alien thing was a bit different and I know he lived through a nuclear bomb, but really, it is fiction. Truth is in real life, he should have been dead at least a hundred times over in just "Raiders" alone.
I think Lucas needs to stop making movies and (unfairly maybe), attribute many of the negative aspects to him. Mostly cuase the story was his idea. Koepp saved it if you ask me the best he could and did a great job with his part, just as he had on Spidey 1 and 2.
Ford in fact is NOT too old for these films. He was spot on, SPOT ON! That said, he may not be able to do many more, but if we got one more film with him I'd be happy. It would not be the worst thing to see a spin off with Mutt, although I wish he had a different nick name.
I wanted to see Shalla, Short Round, and/ or Willie. Oh well, maybe next time?
I think understanding the real life history of Crystal Skulls is very much needed before or at least after seeing this one. The Arc and the Holy Grail, being what they are, needed no understanding going in. This one does.
Also, a respect for the change in feel from the last three needs to be understood. Being as it is now in the 50's instead of the 30's, Lucas and Spielberg felt it needed to feel more like a B-Movie to fit the time. Part of the issues of this movie is strait from the fact that they took so dang long to make it! *sigh*
********SPOILERS END!!!!*************
Anyway, go see it at least once! I loved it and would recommend to anyone to at least see it and decide what they think for themselves. I really hope that it somehow does well enough so as to see one more film. That would be great!
23 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment